Wednesday 27 August 2008

♥Special Olympics♥

Special Olympics are olympics for the unabled people that was held to encourage the people to be healthy and active. It was held on last thursday, 21st August'2008 at the "Belapan" stadium. Participants are not only Bruneian but also came from the neighbouring countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Phillipines and etc. Guest of honour was P.A.P. Azeemah Ni'matul Bolkiah Binti His Majesty the Sultan. Its such an honour of meeting such great loving people.

I went for the volunteer work from the 18th August'2008 till the 21st August'2008. The first three days was for the health screening programme which was held at the R.I.P.A.S Hospital's sports complex (which I actually didn't know it existed *LOL*). I was assigned for the registration department with some other old friends like Kamilah and Jamii'ad. Well basically my job was just to register the name of the participants and gave them instructions on where they should go for the check up. On the 20th August'2008, in the afternoon we went to "Belapan" stadium for practicing marching. Me and my friends were assigned for the poppers. Our job is to pop the poppers as soon as the program was launch. So thats it. It was too bad that I didn't take some photos with the participants. But yet I really enjoyed volunteering. Here are some photos I took (basically photos of us):


LtoR: Jihah, Yus, Jamii'ad, ZeeMah and Kamilah

LtoR: Jihah, Yus, Feelah and Kamilah
Below: Jamii'ad

LtoR: Jihah, Kamilah and Jamii'ad

Pose Like there is No Tomorrow

No comments: